Our beginner’s guide to transcription was designed and created by professional and experience transcribers. Our guide will help you to understand:
- What a transcriber does
- The various types of transcription (Legal, Medical and General)
- The skills required to become a transcriber
- On the job tips
- Recommended software
- A free checklist to make your transcription jobs easier and avoid errors.
- Practice tests with audio files
- How to earn money as a freelance transcriber
- The correct equipment for becoming a transcriber
- The expected salary and realistic earnings of a transcriber
- How to identify common mistakes with your transcription files
- Common homonyms that are useful for transcribing audio files
- Practical tips from experienced transcriptionists
Our detailed guide will provide you with practical information about the reality of being a transcriber as well as handy transcription tips in order to make your job easier. Once you have completed our training and feel completely comfortable with the materials, you may take our test at your leisure. Upon passing our test, you will be awarded with a professional Transcription certificate.